T-Shirt Design

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Well, crud

So Troy had one day of freedom before his temperature started creeping up. He spent Father's Day with his dad at the Towers getting fluids and stuff. On Monday, his temperature passed the safe threshold of 100.5, so Dr. Solomon re-admitted him to Northside. At first, they did not know what was causing the infection, but they now know that it a blood infection, which is an especially bad thing when you are neutropenic, because it defends you against other infections. So as a precaution, he is having his central port removed, because it is a site for infection, and he has a normal IV now. The bad news is that he has to be stuck every time he has a lab, which can be four times a day. He'll need to stay at the hospital until his counts come up. Keep praying for him.

1 comment:

sanmanco128 said...

Hey Troy,

Just so you know, I got a lot more people praying for you and your family, so you just hang in there. Whatever you do, DON'T LET ANYTHING SLOW YOU DOWN, MAN. Every single time I get a chance, I pray for you, even if it's just a quick prayer while I'm stocking the shelves at the K-mart down here in Athens (My Wife & I have lived in Athens about 3+ yrs. now), or while I'm cleaning the Army Reserve Center. Just because I can't completely stop working for you, it doesn't mean that I'm not going to stop praying for you. You mean too much to too many people, and we are not going to let you be defeated by this - at all!

By the way, awesome shirts! Where did they come from? Please tell me not from Archie's Sporting Goods! My Mom has her own business, doing screen printing and embroidery (TLC Stitch & Print, in Gainesville), so that's why I was asking. How does one go about getting shirts, or can we do a fund raiser or something or what?

Well, anyways, get better. I hope you have a smooth recovery from this, and you're 100+ % completely healed from this - in no time. Yeah, I know - it's God's will - not ours!

Take it easy, get some rest, and I'll still pray for you. I have people from all over praying for you, it just amazes me that people I don't even know are praying for you, they care that much. Wow.mreman12