T-Shirt Design

Monday, November 19, 2007

Nov. 19- Happy Turkey Day! (A little early)

Happy Thanksgiving!
Troy was in good spirits Sunday evening. His white blood cell count is keeping him in the hospital for now, (it's still a little low and has been slow in coming up), but he has been told by Dr. K. that he will be home for Thanksgiving. Troy is still on dialysis, and is willing his kidneys to continue to heal. He's eaten so many turkey dishes (it was very similar to Forrest Gump when he started listing all of the ways that the cafeteria used turkey) that he's hoping for ham on Thursday at home. (Please.)

I know that I am thankful to know Troy, and thankful that so many people are wishing only for the best for him. I also know that I am thankful for his family, who have dealt with a tremendous blow with strength, grace and humor. I know that I am thankful for his friends who have made the trek up I-985 to lift his spirits or sent a card or email or gift. I'm thankful for all of students and their families who have shown him how many lives that he has touched (and will continue to inspire). I'm thankful for the support of his adminstration at the Grove, and the support of the faculties there and at PMS. And I'm especially thankful for his doctors, nurses, and all of the staff at Northeast Georgia Medical Center who have taken such good care of him.

Happy Thanksgiving y'all
Helen

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Troy,

Happy Thanksgiving! We continue to pray for your recovery. We are thankful for your musical influence on our family, and eagerly await your 'Kicking Cancer'!

The Stickneys

woo said...

happy thanksgiving mr.heeeeeeeennson!
Kasandra Woooooo