T-Shirt Design

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Oct. 10 - A Good Day

I know I sound like a broken record, but Troy was even better today. He is off his blood pressure medication and seems to be doing fine. They did dialysis again today, but also gave him two units of blood - I guess to "fill him up."

He ate almost an entire lunch and fed himself (a major stepping stone) a good dinner of grilled cheese and jello! His voice was much stronger tonight, but still a little raspy.

He has gotten into the habit of setting small goals to get him through the days - two of which he accomplished today. The goals for tomorrow are to get moved to the 5th floor, sit up in the bed, and walk.

He did ask that the visitation hours be limited to the evening. Apparently most of his tests are done in the morning and he uses the time in between tests to catch up on his rest. Please pass this along to others who don't read this blog.

Sorry I don't have any specific information on plasma or protein levels, but I think this is just that time when all the technical stuff is up in the air. If his spirit is any indication of his health - I would have to say that Troy is well on the road to recovery!

Thanks,
Todd

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Of the times I have seen him in the hospital, I would have to say Wednesday night he has looked the best so far. He's definitely getting stronger every day (if not fiesty!). Continue your prayers everyone...it was a GREAT day!