T-Shirt Design

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Oct. 30 - The Rash that Keeps on Giving

Remember that rash I told you about - well, it turns out it is shingles. I have read that this is a common "side effect" of an impaired immune system - so I don't think there is any need to be alarmed.

However, they did move him to a negative pressure room that removes more air than it lets in. This way, his air/germs are not circulated throughout the rest of the hospital - pretty cool stuff! I believe it is room 529.

Please - NO VISITORS. The room is much smaller and we now have to put on special masks, gloves, and gowns to see him. Furthermore, although shingles is more annoying than anything else, you can contract chickenpox from it if you haven't had chickenpox before.

The good news is that he is feeling ok and his white blood cell count went up to .o5 today - so, he is heading in the right direction.

Thanks,
Todd

1 comment:

Chris said...

Ouch... Shingles?! Really?! If you are not familiar with this re-emergence of the chicken pox virus, let me warn you... The first couple days are annoying and little itchy, but there will be some pain involved. Don't be alarmed when it comes around. The good thing is the pain is only there for a few days. Troy... I feel for you my friend.

--Chris