T-Shirt Design

Friday, October 19, 2007

Oct. 19 - Fresh Air...kind of

They removed Troy's O2 tube today! He wasn't plugged into anything when I saw him this evening. His walking is improving, he's breathing a little deeper, he peed 50 ccs (twice as much as it was a couple of days ago), and he says he is feeling great! Troy even got shaved and cleaned up today. He also mentioned his appetite and thirst coming on stronger - I feel all of these are good signs.

However, his white blood cell count is still down and the doctors are still concerned about how aggressive the cancer has been. He must get off dialysis before transplant can be an option, and I think he is making strides in that direction. I know I'm not a doctor, but I believe the more he drinks and moves/walks/sits up, the better his kidneys will work.

I think he gets a little discouraged knowing that he is feeling better, but still in the hospital - I'm sure it is a very frustrating feeling. He needs help celebrating the small things to make it from day to day. Please keep the motivational and inspirational messages coming - every breath, cc, and step is a victory.

Todd

No comments: