T-Shirt Design

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Oct. 28 - Small Steps

Troy had another good day. His white blood cell count finally started to increase (from .o2 to .o3)! However, I understand that a "normal" level is 4.0, so we have a way to go. I don't think he needs this number to be cleared of neutropenic status, but I guess that is what we are shooting for ultimately.

He took a few major walks today (to the end of the hallway and back) without using the side rails and he generally seemed in good spirits. He also mentioned that he didn't have any back pain and the doctor called it some sort of muscular spasm since he did not show anything else in any other tests.

(pause...I can't seem to write tonight because my brain is not functioning properly. I hope you can at least understand the basic events of the day. sorry!)

I had a very enlightening conversation with a myeloma survivor tonight. She told me of her experiences; the chemo, the transplants, the nausea, the triumphs and the tears. Maybe I had blinders on, or maybe I just wasn't ready to accept it, but we are in it for the long haul. Speaking with Kathy really got me thinking, especially about how best to support Troy through this difficult time.

So, I have decided to get more informed and more organized. There are so many of you who said you would be willing to help and it is my hope to answer your call. I'm not sure how it is all going to work out, but I envision some sort of "support network" where people can sign up to help. I'll get more organized as things develop, but know that I'm working on it.

For starters, I have caught wind of the Pickneyville/Norcross t-shirt idea. I think this is great and hope that someone from that group will contact me with your thoughts. For instance, is there a way to make them available to anyone in Troy's support network? Email me. todd_snead@msn.com

I know this is kind of weird, but I don't know many of you and I'm not exactly sure how to communicate with you except through this blog. So please, email me your thoughts and/or any ideas about how you might want to be a part of Troy's support system and I will begin to organize them as they come.

Thanks again for reading, responding, and supporting. Together we can help Troy kick cancer!

Todd

No comments: