T-Shirt Design

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Oct. 12 - The Little Things

Troy had a pretty eventful day today. He awoke to a healthy breakfast where he ate two bowls of cereal and some fruit. They got him up in a wheel chair today and had him sit up for a 4-hour dialysis session. This is an "improvement" from bringing the machine to him in the room. Please keep sending positive energy to his kidneys...it would be great if he could use his license to pee freely!

The dialysis kind of wiped him out, and he rested most of the afternoon. He is more autonomous and is consistently feeding himself at meals.

As for the the little things; some levels were up, some were down and it is hard to decide what is good news, what is bad, and what is just news. As a good friend told me today, we have to keep looking at the big picture and not get bogged down in the "day to day."

So, while I would love to translate all the details of this recovery, I must concede that it is beyond my realm of full understanding. I, like many before me, finally learned today that I am not a doctor - if they tell me things are promising, then I have to trust them. Cancer, chemotherapy, stem cell transplants and all the stuff in between is really complicated, but the simple truth is that Troy seems to fight hard everyday. Today was no exception.

Todd

1 comment:

Joe said...

It is nice to hear that things are improving. Troy, there are a lot of us praying and pulling for you. Just wanted to let you know that
and you will have another Prayer Shawl soon. This one will be Red and Black. We figured those colors may help even more.
joe