T-Shirt Design

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Oct. 18 - The Boy in the Bubble

First of all, some of you were wondering about the email address for the hospital. Click on the link below and at the bottom you will see a link that allows you to email Troy directly. When you fill out the form, say that Troy is in room 508 and they will get it delivered to him. He has his Blackberry in the room, but I don't think he checks or uses it much - so the hospital email is more reliable.

http://www.nghs.com/General%20Pages/Contact_patient.asp

Now for the update. I think Troy was doing GREAT today! Sure, he had dialysis again today. Sure, he still has a little bit of fluid on his lungs. Sure, he has almost no white blood cells - but he was the strongest I have seen him yet!

He is still doing his breathing exercises and they are getting a little bit stronger and much more steady and even (his tuba professor would be so proud). He also walked with a cane today (as opposed to the walker he had been using)! Each day I notice more and more of his personality coming back as well as his more finite motor skills - so I'd give Troy a big A+ Mr. President - can he graduate now?! (heehee)

I got no word about when he would be cleared from this neutropenic status, but rest assured I will let you know when he can have visitors ASAP.

Todd
p.s. I hope there aren't any English teachers reading this - I save my grammar and editing skills for my research papers (shhhh...don't tell the President)

1 comment:

Sam said...

Thanks for the update, and such a positive update as that! I'm so glad that he's generally progressing on a day to day basis! It makes my day every single day hearing such wonderful news.

...and being one of Mr. Henson's tuba students, I have the utmost faith that the breathing exercises are perfect, bar none.

Thanks again for the updates,
Best Regards,
Sam